La Maison is an artist-run initiative, venue and residency based in East Oakland that provides a free space for artists of all practices to meet, collaborate, and connect with their audience.
La Maison Oakland will open her doors on May 27th with an event that will bring together different types of artists and offer the audience a new vision on today's Bay Area art scene.
The inaugural event will feature artists working in many mediums including dance, visual art installations, fashion, jewelry, music and live theater.
Lineup will include:
- Multiple dance performances
- Visual art installation by Vera Gould and Margaret Wingard
- Photography exhibition by Manolo & The Aperturist
- Fashion shows by Atelier Prélude & Tokyo Gamine,choreographed by Ryuji Fukuyama
- Jewelry designer exhibitions by WenWen & Iris Willow
- Improvised comedic sets by Tess Menzies and Natasha Vinik
- Piano performance by Danny Sullivan
- Poi performance by Greg Schwartz
- Live music and opera
5PM - 7PM Artistic Salon
Wine Tasting & Complimentary Bites
Meet and Chat with the artists & the founders of La Maison
7PM-9PM Live Mannequins & Ballerinas Fashion Show
RSVP required: lamaisonoakland.eventbrite.com
Donations raised will go toward funding the inaugural event including the compensation of each artist and the purchase of materials needed for artistic creations made at La Maison. Any extra funds raised will be kept for future artists' residency projects, materials, and events.